WElcome to the nurses' libguide!
- PubMed: PubMed provides access to citations from MEDLINE and life science articles. Most of these citations have links to full-text.
- AHRQ: The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality is an open sourced database where one can find evidence-based guideline summaries for the topic you are searching.
- Current Nursing Journals: This link will take you to current articles from different nursing issues. Keep yourself in the loop!
Click here to view other databases the library provides.
Also, we have access to e-books! This way if you don't have the time to come to the library, you can view digital copies available.
Do not forget we have a list of apps that would help in your education. If you are tired to rush to a computer and open a database, then you might want to check here for available apps to put on your phone or tablet.
Also, if there is an app you find useful and want to share with others, then let us know!
Tips to Using Databases:
Use the filters to refine your search:
- Shorten the search to five years
- Try AND, OR, and NOT
- Broaden your words. The broader the better.
- Consider your search terms like different spelling, alternative terminology, and word ending
- Use other databases
- Quotations help by searching the exact phrase you want like "diabetes and nutrition"
You can also watch this video for a more visual understanding!
Do you have a hard time using Microsoft Word or Excel?
Click here and check out the useful videos to guide you.
If you still have a hard time understanding, please do not hesitate to contact the librarian and set up an appointment.